IBI Group Architects has applied to develop this site.
The application as submitted proposes a total of 349 homes (309 owned and 40 non-market rental) plus approximately 3,069 m2 (33,034 sq ft) of commercial space fronting Mountain Hwy, in:
- one 29-storey high rise building
- two five-storey buildings on top of a commercial podium
- townhomes fronting the town centre plaza to the north and Crown Street to the south
The project includes a total of 493 parking spaces: 99 commercial, 362 residential, 30 visitor, and 2 car share.
The project also includes a component of the ‘Town Centre Plaza’ at the north side of the property.
The site is currently occupied by five single-family homes, and a garden centre (Dykhof Nurseries).
Seylynn Park is to the northwest, and the existing Firehall #2 (to be relocated) is to the north. A portion of the District road allowance fronting Mountain Highway is proposed to be incorporated into the development site.
Current land use designation
The Official Community Plan (OCP) designates this site as Commercial Residential Mixed Use Level 3 (CRMU3).
If the project proceeds, it will require rezoning. It will also require a development permit for:
- Form and character of commercial, industrial, and multi-family development
- Energy and water conservation and greenhouse gas emission reductions
- Creek hazard
The proposed floor space ratio is 3.50.
Other features and benefits
The project includes:
- the south portion of the town centre plaza
- the south portion of the connecting mews to Marie Place Park to the east
- streetscape upgrades along Mountain Highway and Crown Street in front of the property
There will be a new eight metre wide commercial lane on the east side, connecting Crown Street to Hunter Street.
“1510-1530 Crown Street and 420, 440 & 460 Mountain Highway.” District of North Vancouver, www.dnv.org/property-development/1510-1530-crown-street-and-420-440-460-mountain-highway.